Thursday 7 November 2013

Dubbing Audio

For this particular task we were given movie clips which had no non-diegetic sound. We were to use garage band to add mood and meaning to the clip. 
I had little experience using garage band as I have recorded voice overs using it before. It took a while before i found the right instrument to use. I decided to sustain a note to create a feeling of suspense as featured in a lot of horror films. I then proceeded to use reaper in order to edit the sound to match the scene. In order to build up the suspense I had the music gradually fade in and then cut off abruptly before the sound effects. I put the clip and the audio together using premiere which was not difficult as we have been using premiere for most of our other tasks.
THE VIDEO CAN BE FOUND IN THE ARTS AND MEDIA DRIVE IN DAVID's VIDEOS FOR MUSIC LABELLED "DUBBING PROJ."

No comments:

Post a Comment