Sunday 30 March 2014

FMP: PRIMARY RESEARCH

The most effective methods which I used to gather information from my potential target audience includes, questionnaires and camera interviews for a small analysis. My findings were inconclusive. This means that I have allocated my potential target audience.
My multimedia campaign is on racism which is a general topic. I am looking on trying to unite the community of all ages, races and genders. Most of the people I interviewed were aware of what a multimedia campaign was and what they expect to see from it, and what makes a good multimedia advertising campaign. They are also aware of the platforms by which, a product, service or even a movement can be advertised.
AGE
The age group for my audiences ranges from 13+ the average range of the ages of the people I interviewed was 13yrs, and due to the content and the appeal of my campaign the younger generation, shall be keen on some aspects of it. However the older generation shall be more keen on the informative side of the campaign which is what shall be advertised on the radio show. 

GENDER
My campaign appeals to both genders. Racism doesn't apply to gender but rather race. But by bringing all sorts of people together I intend to reach out to both genders. My unique selling point is the use of Michael Jackson to attract an audience, my questionnaire allowed me to determine the fact that he appeals to both genders but from different generations.

Sexual Orientation
The question of sexuality has not come into play. My campaign doesn't distinguish or discriminate against any sexuality. There for it is appealing to all sexual orientations.

Educational Background
Because the campaign appeals to a wide array of age groups the educational back ground also varies. However to comprehend this campaign one would have had to have completed their primary level education.

Lifestyle
The campaign appeals to all kinds of lifestyles.

Occupation
Because campaign also reaches out to school children, having an occupation isn't mandatory for any of the members of the audience. Therefore it is not imperative for members of the audience to have jobs.

Media Product Preferences
In this campaign, I am using three platforms in order to display my campaign. The radio interview shall appeal to people who have a keen interest in listening to radio shows to receive information, and listening to new songs. The flash mob music video shall appeal to people who are keen uses of social networks and mobile and computer applications. Such as Instagram, Vine, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. The poster will appeal to both pictorial social network users.

No comments:

Post a Comment